Senior Events Manager
196 seeks a highly creative Senior Events Manager to join a rapidly growing startup. This position creates high-impact experiences and activations for world-renowned companies and causes by organizing detailed logistics and operations for high-profile engagements.
196 creates events that help purpose-driven organizations around the world boost their impact, grow their resources, and reach a broader audience through award-winning, eye-opening experiences. We travel the country and globe with our clients to produce events alongside hallmark gatherings like the World Economic Forum in Davos, United Nations General Assembly in New York, SXSW in Austin, and COP21 to name a few. Our mission is to curate experiences where our clients’ vision for a better world naturally draws like-minded advocates to partner with and take-action.
- Design, manage and oversee all components of the event lifecycle: concept, planning, site selection, contract negotiation, proposals, vendor management, budgeting, speaker coordination, event staffing
- Create event concepts and event strategies that enhance visibility, social value, innovation and experiential tactics to integrate with client marketing, activations or branding goals
- Create mood boards, site diagrams, renderings and other visual presentations
- Manage a team of experienced event leads and consultant in different locations across multiple projects
- Create schedules, timelines and plans
- Build relationships with high-level clients
- Negotiate, review vendor contracts, pricing, and partnership agreements
- Draft, manage and reconcile event budgets
- Draft, manage and reconcile all workback plans
- Provide clear communication to clients, vendors, staff, and volunteers
- Develop and maintain productive business and strategic relationships with vendors, venues, corporate partners, media organizations and key stakeholders
- Development and oversight of event collateral and marketing materials
- Provide event-day logistics, management and execution
- Lead client and vendor team calls
- Work closely with Founder/Creative Director to implement her vision
- Analyze, draft, and present ROI/post-mortem reports
196 values independence, but knows that no event comes together without the full team working together seamlessly. Our ideal candidate knows there’s no job too big or too small; a team-player with a relentlessly upbeat and enthusiastic personality – who knows how to problem-solve and find solutions
- 6+ years’ experience in event planning – demonstrating a breadth of both large-scale and intimate events. Points for those with an existing network of contacts of venues or vendors in the Bay Area
- Ability to present creative concepts to clients with enthusiasm and authority.
- A highly organized, productive and entrepreneurial individual – a big-picture thinker able to also see all the details.
- Ability to remain composed in fast-paced environments, presenting a calm demeanor to clients, vendors, and team members
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Business Development experience
- Superior written, verbal and communication skills; excellent presentation and client-facing interaction.
- Strong ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and highly-flexible environment that requires multi-tasking and thriving under pressure
- Commitment to creating experiences with a positive social impact
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and G Suite essential
- Work across various technology platforms (trello, asana, slack) and event software and CRM systems
- Experience with CAD not required, but helpful
- Moderate to extensive international and domestic travel, approximately 20% of total portfolio
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Healthcare package provided
- Work for a mission-driven company focused on social impact
- Global Travel with potential to join events, working with VIPs and celebrities
- Remote work benefits
- Growth opportunities within company
- Fun team and environment – we work hard but have a good time doing it
196 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or click on the button below.